Thursday, July 22, 2010

First Day in D.C.

Washington, D.C.

Yesterday in D.C. was a success. I interviewed Tina Darragh and Peter Inman in a beautifully ornate bioethics library on the Georgetown campus, where Tina happens to work. I made it a double-length joint interview, which seemed appropriate for the occasion. We talked about Washington, D.C. in the 1970s and the rippling influence of language poetry. Asking them about their political disagreements was another fruitful tack.

Afterward, they took me to dinner at a restaurant called The Tombs, which was completely packed with crew (i.e. rowing) memorabilia. I ate a turkey sandwich with avocado, and it was quite tasty.

Peter Inman and Tina Darragh

Also, I just got around to upping my photos of Ric Royer to flickr:

Ric Royer

Today I'm talking to Maureen Thorson, Adam Good, and Cathy Eisenhower.

No comments:

Post a Comment